A new heating and cooling system is a significant investment, but one that can pay dividends in reduced energy use and improved home comfort. If you’ve had your system for a while, you probably have an idea in the back of your mind that replacing it is a good idea. But how do you know for sure when the right time is?
When should you replace your heating and cooling system?
It may be time if:
- Your heat pump or air conditioner is more than 10 years old.
- Your furnace or boiler is more than 15 years old.
- Your equipment needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up. Your cooling and heating equipment may have become less efficient.
- Some of your rooms are too hot or cold. Improper equipment operation, duct problems or inadequate insulation could be the cause.
- Your home has humidity problems. Poor equipment operation, inadequate equipment, and leaky ductwork can cause the air to be too dry in the winter or too humid in the summer.
- Your home has excessive dust. Leaky ducts can pull particles and air in from attics, crawlspaces and basements and distribute them through the house. Having your ducts sealed may be a solution.
- Your cooling system is noisy. You could have an undersized duct system or a problem with the indoor coil of your cooling equipment.
If you meet any of the criteria above, we’re happy to help you find the right system for your home. We’re proud to offer Amana and other high-quality systems for reliable home comfort, and our installations come with up to a 10-year warranty on parts and a one-year warranty on labor.
If it’s not quite time to replace your system, our technicians are trained to repair systems of any brand to get your family comfortable again in no time.
It’s worth pointing out that regular service and maintenance of your HVAC system can increase system life, reduce repairs, and save energy dollars over time. We’d much rather help you avoid a costly repair or replacement if we can.